- 18 Sep, 2018: keynote talk by Prof. Wil van der Aalst (one of the most cited computer scientists in the world, top expert in workflow management, process mining, Petri nets, business process management, process modeling, and process analysis). Talk title: Responsible Data Science in a Dynamic World
- 19 Sep, 2018: keynote talk by Dr. Jan Camenisch (a leading scientist in the area of privacy and cryptography, Principal Research Staff Member at IBM Research - Zurich). Talk title: to be provided soon
- 20 Sep, 2018: keynote talk by Prof. Leslie Valiant (world-renowned for contributions to complexity theory, Turing Award holder). Talk title: What Needs to be Added to Machine Learning?
- 21 Sep, 2018: keynote talk by Shamika N. Sirimanne (world-renowned expert in disaster risk reduction) Talk title: to be provided soon
- 7 grants for students presenting at PhD Student Research Competition. The grants cover: (1) Congress student full pass registration and (2) accommodation. The grants are provided by the Polish Academy of Sciences. For more info and how to apply go to PhD Student Research Competition web page.
- 2-3 travel grants for PhD students from developing countries. The grants cover airplane ticket costs. They are provided by the IFIP Digital Equity Committee. For more info and how to apply see grants page.
- 1 travel grant for a mature researcher from a developing country. The grant cover an airplane ticket cost. It is provided by the IFIP Digital Equity Committee. For more info and how to apply grants page.
World Computer Congress in Poznań, Poland
- The Congress combines content from industry and research, providing a place for integrating these two sectors as well as offering an opportunity to showcase and discover innovative ideas
- The content ranges from the latest international research achievements, to leading commercial and industry-focused advancements
- WCC provides a unique opportunity to share with and listen to world-renowned experts in research and industry
- An important part of WCC are keynote and invited talks by world-class researchers and leading IT practitioners
- WCC comprises keynote talks, invited talks, regular presentations, panels, workshops, discussions, and contests
- The main topics of the Congress include: Security and Privacy, Data Science, Big Data Management and Analysis, Enterprise Information Systems and Database Technologies, the Internet of Things, Entertainment Computing, Social Aspects of Information Technologies, and the History of Computing
The conference will be held at the Campus of Poznan University of Technology, Lecture and Conference Center.
More information here.